All Members are entitled to attend a General Meeting, and all Members attending a General Meeting are eligible to vote.
- All Members shall be notified in writing of General Meetings at least 21 days prior to the meeting.
- All items for the Agenda should be submitted to the Secretary at least 14 days before a General Meeting. Proposals for alterations to the Constitution and nominations for President, Vice-Presidents, Honorary Membership and Honorary Life Membership should be made in writing to the Secretary; they shall then be considered by the Committee and placed on the Agenda, with or without a recommendation of endorsement.
- A copy of the Agenda, Minutes of the last General Meeting and, in the case of an Annual General Meeting, a Statement of Accounts, should be made available to all Members at least 7 days before a General Meeting.
A General Meeting requires a minimum of one quarter of the Membership for any decisions to be binding.
- Proposals for Honorary Membership, Honorary Life Membership, Vice-Presidency, alteration to the Constitution or the winding up of the Club, shall require a two-thirds majority of those present and eligible to vote.
- All other decisions require a simple majority of those present and voting.
Annual General Meeting
An Annual General Meeting shall be held every September to transact the following business:
- Election of President.
- Election of Vice-Presidents
- Election of Chairman, Captain, Treasurer and Secretary.
- Election of other Committee members.
- Appointment of Honorary Auditor.
- Reception of a Statement of Accounts.
- Reception of any reports.
- Approval of subscriptions and any other financial decisions for the coming year.
- Acceptance of the Club Rules
- Any other relevant business.
Extraordinary General Meeting
An Extraordinary General Meeting may be called at any time, except when an Annual General Meeting is to be held within two calendar months. It can be called by the Committee, or by any Member presenting the Secretary with a written request signed by not less than two fifths of the Membership. Such a meeting shall take place within 28 days of being called.